Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Pay Attention To Your Pee


HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!!! The 5am club was killin' it at LA Fitness today. I saw some crazy shit even that early in the morning. It never fails (shaking my head). As a fitness professional, there are times when I feel like I should be saying something to these people. They could potentially hurt themselves with some of the bizarre things I see them doing. I just never know exactly how to approach it. Also, being a woman doesn't help my case. If I were to walk up to a man and try to correct him, he would probably look at me, roll his eyes, and make some snide comment, OR he'd just take the opportunity to hit on me (insert eye roll here). Point being, since I'm a woman, chances are I wouldn't be taken seriously. But I'll talk about this in more detail in a later post. Moving on to why I'd really love to go to bed... right now. It's 4:00.

Today's macros: 180g protein, 75g carbs, and 60g fat. I am hungry. I also noticed my energy level slowly tapering off pretty early this afternoon. I'm usually good to go until 6:30/7 when I start winding down for bed. Not today. I just got home from work and the grocery store and I'm ready for a power nap, but there is an obnoxious 6 year old running around my living room with his favorite toy. Aren't dogs the absolute greatest?!? It doesn't matter how long you are gone. It could be to 2 minutes, 2 hours, 2 months, or 2 years, and they are STILL the happiest thing on the planet when you walk through the door. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Roscoe to come home to every day. I love him to pieces!!!!



I had to cut it short last night, but "I'm baaaaaaack!" Once I got the spreadsheet laid out I was ready to fill in the days. Woot, woot! I also track my daily meals in the My Macros app on my phone. This allows me to send quick snap shots to my coach if he asks for them. Food Nazi. I eat breakfast as soon as I get up in the morning! This jumpstarts my metabolism and gets my body burning calories right away. I try to space my meals out about 3 hours apart. This also keeps my metabolism burning calories like an angry furnace! Like that? I thought it was pretty clever.

Side Note #1: I HIGHLY recommend tracking your daily food intake. Many people THINK they are eating well, but when they actually track everything they put into their mouth they are shocked to see the actual numbers. "There was 1,050 calories in that salad?? So THAT is why I'm not losing weight!" LIGHT BULB!!! There are a million apps out there for this. It's extremely beneficial to utilize one! My Macros is my favorite because the library isn't massive and you actually have to pay attention to what you are logging. If you're using an app like myfitnesspal that has a HUGE list of foods you can choose from, make sure you are entering what you are ACTUALLY eating. Don't just pick a random turkey sandwich from a list that's a mile long. That isn't going to help you. I like My Macros because of the fact that you have to manually enter things sometimes. It keeps you honest. It may be a little more work, but nothing worth doing doesn't comes easy. Am I right? (The answer is yes).

Side Note #2: If you find yourself getting busy during the day and forgetting to eat, set an alarm on your phone that tells you to stop and EAT!!! You may chuckle at this, but it works!

Water intake is another huge part of this preparation process. I'm drinking a gallon of water a day. Yes, I pee every 20 mins. No, I'm not exaggerating. It's a small price to pay for the benefits of staying hydrated! It helps me feel a little more "full" on these extremely low carb days. Want to know a few reasons why you should drink a lot of water? Good, I'll tell you. It increase energy and relieves fatigue, promotes weight loss, flushes out toxins, improves skin complexion, aids in digestion, and boosts your immune system! It's also a natural headache remedy. Dehydration is a common cause of headaches. What else does it do? Well, it helps to prevent cramps and sprains by lubricating your joints! Is that reason enough for you? Good. I'm often asked how much water one should drink in a day. Half of your body weight in ounces is a good number to start with, but the best way to truly know that you are hydrated is if your urine is almost or completely CLEAR. Not yellow. Got it? Good.

NOW GO DRINK WATER!!! 

Kelsey Out.












2 comments:

  1. Why are you yelling at me? ;) JK. I also noticed my energy levels slowing down around 1pm ish... usually I'm good until 6 or so... lot's of water does help :) Thanks for the blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank YOU for the continued support! Love you girlie :)

      Delete