"Giving up on a goal because of a set back is like slashing the other 3 tires because you get a flat."
- Hustle Hard For Your Happiness -
I read this quote a few months back, and it was an instant "like". I've used it multiple times since then. It seems, these days, that a lot of people take the easy way out. They make excuses for why they just "can't" do something. I'm too busy, I don't have enough money, I hate my job, I'm too old, people will laugh at me. I've heard them all. I've done it. You've done it. It needs to stop! A set back is just that, a set back. It's NOT the means to an end! When things don't go your way it should fuel the fire. It should make you want to work even harder to get to the end result. Your goals are important to you, or you wouldn't have set them for yourself. Remember that. I see people achieve their goals on a daily basis and the feeling I get can be summed up in one word. Goosebumps. I've seen months; sometimes years of blood, sweat, and tears all come together into one single action. A gigantic smile of realization that they just did it. You can be that smile.
There it is again guys! Rule #3 of my last post. No one is going to do it for us. WE have to make our happiness. It's about hard work, rock solid strategy, and using the god given talents that we have been given to make a difference in this world. They were given to us for a reason. The three main questions you need to give serious thought to are: What is it that you want out of your life? It could be that you want more money, a big family, to own your own business, or to travel the world. The next questions is, how are you going to get there (hard work and strategy)? And last, but not least, how are you going to use your abilities to make it happen (talents)? This may feel a little overwhelming at first. You may feel like you're not quite at a point in your life where this is possible. And that is OKAY. We all have to start somewhere. But I promise you, if you stick to your plan and take one step at a time, it will all come together for you. It's not that you can't do it, it's that you don't have the belief system in yourself to do it. The first step to finding true happiness is finding unconditional love for yourself. You must first accept who you, believe in it, and then expose it to the world! It's waiting for you.
I've had a long road of set backs and a track record of letting them win at first. I'll be the first to admit that. But I did eventually kick them in the face and take wheel! That's why I'm writing this. I want people to see that I am where I am in my life today because of the set backs I had, the people I've met, the good heart that's beating inside of my chest, and the hard work that I've put in. It may have taken me 31 years to get here, but that was my path and I'm extremely proud of it. I got here, didn't I?!?
I recently had an "AHA!!" moment and everything has started to fall into place for me. My hard work, patience, and extreme perseverance is finally paying off. There have been times in my life when I never thought I'd get to this point. We've all felt that way. You're not alone if that's how you're feeling now! But I'm walking, talking (sometimes just babbling), living, breathing proof that things WILL turn around. You just have to put in the work and show compassion for other people. There is no secret recipe, or a "happy pill" you can take. It's all about figuring out what it is that you want out of your life and doing whatever it takes to get there. If you truly hustle hard for your happiness, set backs will have no chance against you.
No comments:
Post a Comment