Saturday, February 4, 2017

Rules


Ahhhh!!! I didn't get a post up yesterday...... (wa-wa-waaaaaaaaaaaaa)

So, I just got caught up on Chicago Fire and I shit you not, the tears were flowing. Woah. I'm feeling a little emotional lately and it felt good to cry. Ever have those nights/days? You almost want something to happen just so you can open the flood gates. Sometimes its a necessity. Don't fight it. Let it flooooooooooow.

So I attempted something quite ballsy yesterday morning. I woke up feeling like Muhammad Ali. I jumped out of bed (literally), ate my breakfast (apparently it was a bowl of awesome), and said to myself, "I can totally fit my lift in before my sessions today!" Shit just got real. BUT it didn't quite go as planned and I was quickly brought back down to earth about 20 mins into the workout.

Note to self: You are not super woman. Heavy deadlift sessions should NOT be performed only 11 hours after an intense back workout.

I had a blast though, and I was very happy with my workout despite the fact that I wasn't able to hit the goal I had set for myself on deadlifts. Such is life! Which brings me to a few words of wisdom that you didn't ask for. Things aren't always going to go as planned. I think we can all attest to that. The important thing is that we adapt and make the best out of any situation that we find ourselves in. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles four things: a rainy day, the elderly, lost luggage, and tangled christmas lights. I won't lie. I used to find myself getting upset over little things and my happiness definitely suffered because of it. I've made a lot of little changes in my life lately, and I am a much better person for it. They old saying "Patience is a virtue" drives me up the flippin' wall, but that doesn't change the fact that the message is powerful and true. It's one that I now try to live by. Hey, it has worked for me so far :) 

As I mentioned in an previous post, I was once working a job I didn't enjoy and living paycheck to paycheck. I wasn't happy, but I also wasn't doing anything to change it. Looking back, I can see that I was playing the victim. I honestly had no idea what to do because I was completely lost, which made me lazy. I was unhappy and had no drive. It was a vicious cycle of feeling worthless. I was lying to myself when I said, "I'm doing the best I can." I could have done a lot better. I just didn't believe in myself enough to get to that point. I've always been a kind hearted person. I worked hard enough to get by, and I treated people with respect and wore a smile on my face as much as I possibly could, but I was just going through the motions. It wasn't until I made the move to MN and went through some drastic changes that I really began living. I've been forced to be alone more than I'm comfortable with. I've never been good at that. I've always been of a people person, but I've actually come to enjoy being along now. I've learned to truly love myself and the time that I have with me, and only me. I kind of like hanging out with myself. I'm good shit.

I'm going to wrap up with some food for thought, aka, a few "rules" that I live by. I'll expand on these in later posts.

  • Start each day with a grateful heart
  • Stay humble
  • Hustle hard for what you want. Your happiness depends on it.
  • Be patient 
  • Anything worth having is worth fighting for.
  • Work your ass off, especially when no one is watching. It means you're doing it for YOU.
  • The relationship you have with yourself is the most important relationship you will EVER have. Love yourself unconditionally.










No comments:

Post a Comment