My alarm went off at 3:00 this morning as usual. I rolled over and reached for the snooze button, then my subconscious spoke up, "KELSEY!!! What in the HELL are you doing?!? GET. UP." Okay, okay, I'm up. Time for breakfast!! 3/4 cup egg whites, 1 oz avocado, 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, and 1 hard boiled egg before my workout. Today is the last low carb day of the week. I'll weigh in first thing tomorrow morning, then the eating begins. If you're looking for me tomorrow or Friday; I'll just be over here, carb loading like a G.
Want to know what I lifted today?!? Okay, I'll tell you. Biceps, triceps, and abs! I'm not going to lie. I feel completely out of place when I lift at LA Fitness. Let's just say that it's not your typical bodybuilder's gym, but it's extremely convenient for my current schedule. I'm pretty bashful and just want to lift in peace, but I often feel like a museum exhibit (hands over face). It's like these people have never seen a woman with muscles in action before! Well, this is what it looks. Get used to it boys. You're going to see A LOT more of it!! Especially when this song comes through my headphones!
![]() |
| "When the sun rises, I wake up and chase my dream. I won't regret when the sun sets, because I live life like I'm a beast." |
I have been asked, on a daily basis, how I'm feeling and how my diet is going. My answer has consistently been, "It's going great!" My energy levels have been awesome considering the lack of carbs that I have been consuming the last five days (only 50g today). I give a large portion of the credit to my extremely strict sleep schedule and daily routine. I've adhered to it 120%. I sleep 8 hours every night. No more, no less. I get up when my alarm goes off and jump right into my day regardless of day of the week. Most people are aw struck when I tell them that I wake up between 3 and 3:30 every morning, but it's necessary. My work day starts at 5 am three days out of the week and 7 the other two days. In order to stay on the same sleep/wake schedule, I wake up at the same time and workout out before hand on these days. I have been keeping myself extremely busy with training clients, cooking, blogging, reading, and crushing my workouts. The less time I have to think about the fact that I am hungry, the better!!
Rock solid work ethic and a healthy daily routine are the main building blocks of success in this sport. If you're going to compete, it takes A LOT of will power and dedication to stick to the strict diet plan and get the workouts in as needed. It's not for everyone. You have to have an extreme passion for it. You have to be willing to make it your life for the full 17 weeks of preparation. Yes, if you're going to do it right, it takes THAT much dedication. It's not easy. It will become mentally and physically grueling. But it has been fun to challenge my mind and body in a way that I haven't yet. I'm looking forward to the days that I want to throw in the towel. Why? Because I want to look those days straight in the eye and tell them to F off!!! My true colors will show. And I'm excited to see them. So far, I'm handling it like a boss. My attitude is on point and my spirit can't be broken.
I'M A BEAST!!!
I'M A BEAST!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment