Monday, February 13, 2017

Be Courageous With Your Story

We all have a story to tell. We all have a purpose for being here. This purpose is the very reason why we were put on this earth. Our story is the process of finding that purpose. I took me 31 years to get to the point in my life that I am at right now. I've finally reached the point where I feel like I'm truly making a difference in the lives of others on a daily basis. This is what truly makes me happy. Do you want to know what makes it even better? I'm doing it 100% on my own. This is something that I never thought I'd be able to do. I've always had someone by my side to help me along when I got stuck. But this time it's different. I have me, and only me, to rely on. Independence is empowering.

I was in a pretty rough spot not long ago and if you would have told me that I'd bounce back as quickly and fiercely as I did, I would have laughed in your face. I had no idea which way was up or down. I didn't know how I was going to pay rent or take care of my dog. There was a point when I thought I was going to have to move back to IL, which is the absolute last thing that I wanted to do. I didn't want to give up. I've done that way too many times in the past. I wanted to stand my ground and prove to myself that I had the fight in me. I wasn't going to run away with my tail between my legs this time. The greatest things in life often stem from the worst situations. It was time for me to woman up. I came to the realization that I'd be a much happier, stronger, more wise, driven, and disciplined version of myself once I was able to move forward, and guess what. I was right. 

Be Courageous With Your Story

I want everyone reading this to know that even though we may have never met, that I am proud of you for overcoming the obstacles that you've faced in your life. And if you're currently working your way through something, stay strong. Believe in yourself and your abilities to dig deep. You have the strength inside of you. You may have to search for it, but it is there. I promise. I truly believe that we'll never find ourselves in a situation that we can't get ourselves out of. If we look at things from a different perspective and treat crappy situations as opportunities to grow, we'll be unstoppable. 

I know it's hard to believe in something that you can't see. Sometimes we just have to leave things up to chance and take risks. Nothing is out of reach. I've taken A LOT of risks in the last three and a half years of my life and I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a damn thing. I know I made all the right moves. It took me longer than I had planned, but I'm right where I'm supposed to be, and I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm slowly becoming the person I was meant to be. Watch out world!

Use your struggles to fuel this fire that we call LOVE. Turn something unfortunate into something great. Share your story with others. You never know who you're going to inspire. People need other people; whether it be for physical touch, a simple smile, or encouraging words. You have the ability to change lives simply by being you. You just have to show compassion and empathy. Work your ass off and care about people, even if they are complete strangers. Hell, ESPECIALLY if they are complete strangers. We have a heart for something. Use it for something good. Be selfless. Two hands can make a difference, but a heart can change the world. 

Go do something great! :)

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. You are feisty, I like it! :) You are right, sometimes you got to take a leap of faith and do something to change your life. Hard work and perseverence will bring great results!

    ReplyDelete