Reason #1: EVERYONE JUST WANTS IT TO BE OVER!!!!!
I weighed in at 153.8 this morning. My official starting weight was 158 on Monday, January 16th. I then tracked what I ate for the next 3 days and sent it to Aaron, my coach. He wanted to see what I had been eating calorie wise to maintain the weight I was at. I had been holding steady at 156-158 for the past few months with a focus on building lean muscle. He then calculated the macros he wanted me to consume each day until the following Thursday, January 25th, when we would jump into the carb cycle!
Today was a good day! 200g of carbs worth of good! :) Thursday and Friday are my high carb days on the carb cycle, aka, the days I look forward too most! I crushed my back workout this afternoon and had a lot of fun with my clients. I have the BEST job in the world. They remind me of this on a daily basis!! :) They make me want to be better. I get asked many questions on a daily basis. And no, I don't always have the answers. And I will never pretend to. I'm still learning too! That's what I love most about what I do. If I don't know the answer to a question someone asks me, it becomes a challenge, and I'll start the hunt to figure it out. The human body is an amazing thing. There is ALWAYS something more to learn, no matter what field you are in, but as a personal trainer in particular. There are so many ways of doing things when it comes to being a fitness coach. There isn't necessarily a "wrong" way. There are just different ways. Yes, some will work better than others. It's a learning process. It takes years of experience, trial, and error to become great at this job. It also takes the willingness to admit when you've made a mistake. Because we all will. We are human. We don't know everything and we shouldn't be expected to.
The things that separate the good trainers from the "bad" ones are simple. You don't have to have muscles. All you need is a brain, passion, a big heart, good communication and listening skills, and the will to help people achieve something bigger than themselves. That's it. "Looking the part" will help win some people over, but deep down, all they really need to see is that you care about them and what they are trying to achieve. Not that you have a 6 pack or big biceps. Anyone can lift a weight from the rack and put it back. Not every has what it takes to TEACH with purpose, and THAT is what makes a good trainer.
No comments:
Post a Comment