Sunday, April 9, 2017

Recap

I haven't posted since March 23rd. Woah. I knew it had been a while, but it has been longer than I originally thought! A lot has happened in the past few weeks. Let me tell you what.

1) I got a new clipboard!!! Life changing.

2) I got brand spankin' new ceramic pots and pans!!! I am VERY excited about these and I don't need to explain myself.

3) I ordered 2 more Glasslock food container sets. Even MORE excited about these!! The above statement also applies here.

4) I'm starting to see crazy changes in my body. There are muscles popping up that I've never been able to see before. I'm starting to see the striations in my shoulders (very cool) AND my 6 pack has started to come in. Pumped!!! This has been a "future" goal of mine for QUITE sometime now. I can't stop smiling about the progress I have made. 7 MORE WEEKS!!!

5) Roscoe and I packed up and drove down to Illinois for 5 days to visit my family, friends, and celebrate my niece's 1st birthday! Good times.

Let's talk about the hardest part of the 5 hour drive back home real quick. It's not being able to snack on things that I normally would on the way. Sad, but true. I usually take 2 Quest bars (one white chocolate raspberry and one cookie dough), an apple or a banana, and peanut butter!! That wasn't the case this time around. The trip there wasn't too bad because it was my high carb day (300g)!!! I was able to eat 1 cup of cottage cheese and some blackberries and my favorite little "desert" concoctions, which is 1 cup of oats (this amount varies on high or low carb day), 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, and 3 tbsp of PB2 (powdered peanut butter). Soooooooo damn GOOD!!!! On the drive home, however, I had two little tubs of raw green veggies... (sad trombone sound). I drove home on Monday, which was a low cab day (25g) and I ate those for breakfast. Sweet potato of course!! :)

It takes a lot of planning and prepping to travel during show prep. I made 30 meals and packed them up in a cooler that I could fit in myself. No, I'm not exaggerating. The best part about having to haul that colossal thing around was that it forced me to FINALLY take the 8 bags of old clothes that had been occupying my trunk for the better half of a year, to Goodwill. Yeah, you read that right. A whole year. Aaaaaaaand I may or may not have driven by that same Goodwill about 100 times in that year. Don't judge me. 

My sister did an amazing job planning Millie's party. She had handmade decorations, she started new traditions, there was delicious smelling food (wouldn't know how it tasted because I couldn't eat any), and ice cold drinks! Back to the food. I hadn't really craved anything up until this point (except for peanut butter... for obvious reasons) mainly because I hadn't been around any foods other than what I had been making for myself and my clients. Although, the food I make for my clients is still pretty hard enough to say no to at times! I haven't gone to restaurants, or been to parties for this very reason. There are too many temptations when all you really want to do is eat some naughty foods!!! And it's not like the food was extravagant. It was simple. But everything looked and smelled phenomenal. I must say, that was the first time I had ever drooled over the sight and smell of a ham and cheese deli sandwich. I could have gone for about 6 of them, a deviled egg... or 10, a few mini cupcakes, or a full block of cheese. I even day dreamed about eating the remanence of Millie's smash cake. Extreme, I know. But it happened.

Side Note: Babies and smash cakes are the BEST!!!!

I did my best to stay busy chatting and utilized the deck (where there was no food) as much as possible!!! All exaggeration aside, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, it was tough, but I lived to write this blog entry about it, right?!? 

The first year of Millie's life flew by WAY too fast. It feels like she was just born 3 months ago. I think her parents would fully agree with me on that. She's such a cool little human though. She's so damn smart! I predict that she's going to be a nerdy little heartbreaker, which is quite the combo. She has an amazing personality and I can't wait to see what the next few years have in store. My sister is going to have their hands full!!

Most of my trip was spent with family, but I also got to meet up with some great friends! I've been spending a lot of time alone up here in Minneapolis due to my crazy schedule with work and this show prep, so it was soooooooooo nice to spend some quality time with my favorite group of girls back home. I love you guys to pieces and I can't wait to see you at my show at the end of May!!!

 I also got the chance to lift with one of them. We had been planning to do that for a long time and things just never quite worked out. But we got it done this time around! I met her at QC Strongman where she goes on a regular basis to lift. It was fun to see her in her element! I always enjoy lifting at new gyms. To me, it's like trying a new restaurant! So I was super pumped. Plus, it was deadlift day!!! One of my favorites :) She wanted me to take a look at her form and give her some pointers. So we did just that. It was a successful lifting session. She is very quad dominant, so I broke things down for her in a way that she needed to hear it in order to help her fully understand what she needed to add/subtract from her routine in order to strengthen the weaker areas (glutes and hamstrings) that are the cause of her lower back pain during her lifts. She had a bit of an "aha moment", which is one of the coolest things to see as a coach. It's that moment when your client gets that look on there face that tells you that the light bulb just turned on!!! "I feel it where I'm supposed to now!" I just talked to her yesterday and she said she had just had an awesome deadlift session on Thursday. She's feeling the difference of the small changes we made while I was back. She works her ass off and deserves to feel accomplished when she walks out of the gym after her deadlift sessions, not frustrated. I think she's on the road to doing just that and I couldn't be happier.

Until next time!

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment