Thursday, March 23, 2017

No More Penny Pinching...

I had my 3rd posing session this morning and my body comp was right where I thought it would be. My body fat is down to 11.8% and I weighed in at 144.6 lbs. This past week was a really intense week of the carb cycle, but it paid off. I dropped another 2.4 lbs and I'm well on my way to being show ready two weeks out like I want. The adjustments we made to my carb cycle two weeks ago have made a huge difference. My body has reacted much better to just one re-feed (high carb) day. I'm up to 300g of carbs on that day (Thursdays) and down to between 75 and 0 on the other 6 days of the week. The fact that my re-feed day is so high and I'm still dropping a steady 1.5-2 lbs each week tells us that my metabolism is on FIRE, which is a very good thing. Like I said way back in one of the first posts, the higher we can get my carb numbers on my re-feed day, the better!

We went over all of the body building poses and made some fine tunes where needed. He then showed me some physique poses... FINALLY!!! These are a lot more unique and fun than the old fashioned bodybuilding poses (in my opinion). It's going to be a challenge to master all of them in the next 8 weeks, but I'm up for it. I've already done so much in preparation for this thing, but it still feels like there is so much left to do!! I've started to calculate all the money that I've spent on this over the past few months and it has become really clear that when it's all said and done, I will have put more, time, energy, sweat, money, and probably some tears into this than I have ever put into anything else in my life. What does this tell you? Well, it tells you that it is EXTREMELY important to me, because I am a huge tight ass. I do NOT spend a lot of money outside of my basic day to day needs, so this has been really hard for me!

Here are the things I've checked off of the to-do-list that makes me cringe a little bit more each and every time I see it:

Register for all 4 divisions ($270) - Check!
Hire a killer diet/posing coach ($900) - Check!
Book tan time ($100) - Check!
Scheduled hair/make up appointments ($210) - Check!
Purchase Suit... (Gulp) - Not yet!!!!
Practice poses, kill diet, and train like a beast (Priceless!!!) - Check!

I figured I'd start doing a little research on the suits since it's the last thing on my list and let's just say I became a bit overwhelmed. These suckers range anywhere from $250 all the way up to $1200. Ummmmmm... it's two itty bitty pieces of fabric that barely cover my "junk"!!!!!! But I need one, so all whining aside, I proceeded to look (for about 3 more seconds), then I closed my lap top and walked away. I'll save that shit for another day.

Until next time!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment