I had my second posing session with Aaron on Tuesday this week and I left feeling like an unstoppable train!!! We worked on my poses for the first 25 mins, then we sat down to chat and this is what he said. "I'm not trying to put any pressure on you, but I will be honest. I'm expecting great things from you." He is the first person that has ever said that to me. And I didn't realize this until I was driving home. I actually started to tear up because right then and there, it hit me like a ton of bricks. THIS is what I was put on this planet to do. I was born to be a bodybuilder!!!
I was given this talent to inspire people on a daily basis. I love my job as a personal strength and conditioning coach. I love my clients and seeing them achieve things that they never thought they could. I also love showing them that I struggle just like they do. I've had to work extremely hard to get to where I am in my life. And I can honestly say that I'm nowhere NEAR where I want to be. I have so much more to see, do, and accomplish. I'm 31 years young. I'm just now really seeing the full spectrum of what I was put on this earth to do.
I knew that I loved being a trainer from the moment that I started working with clients, but I also knew that there was still something missing. It had nothing to do with my job and everything to do with something inside of myself. I couldn't put my finger on it before, but it's very clear now. I was missing that part of me that made me feel like I was always pushing myself to be better. Before now I was just kind of going through the motions. I didn't really have specific goals in place for my life. I tricked myself into believing that I was living to the best of my abilities. I'd go through this checklist in my head: I have a job that I love, I can pay my bills, I have friends and family who care about me, I have a great dog, a roof over my head, and I have enough money to do the things that I enjoy. This seems pretty legit, right? But this is exactly where I went wrong. I was settling for what I had already accomplished instead of striving to do more with my life. I finally woke up one morning and thought to myself, "I'm bigger and better than this." That was the day that I decided to challenge myself in a whole new way.
I've completed 7 weeks of preparation and I'm feeling better now than I ever have. Why? Because I'm finally doing what I was meant to do. I'm not only pursuing my passion as a personal strength and conditioning coach, but I'm also pursuing a passion that I knew had been the missing link all along. A competitive bodybuilder. It's the perfect addition to my personal training and meal prep business. It challenges me in ways that I have never been challenged, which is exactly what had been missing in my life up until this point. The posing, extreme diet, and the excessive amount of cardio are just a few examples. Before this, I would do a maximum of maybe 45-60 mins of cardio a week. I'm now doing right around 250 mins each week. This number will only go up (shaking my head and grinning). It's forcing me to do things that I normally would laugh at. That is why I love it so much! It combines these challenges with my #1 passion of fitness. It just doesn't get any better.
As I get closer to the date of my show (May 27th, 2017), I can't help but think about all of my friends and family members here in Minneapolis and back home in the Quad Cities who have already booked hotel rooms and made plans to come support me on one of the biggest days of my life. This honestly brings tears to my eyes. I have never felt more loved and supported than I do right now. I faced one of the biggest challenges in my life back in May of 2016, but I since realized that the only love that I truly need in my life, is the love that I have for myself. If that love is strong, then everything else will only grow stronger. I've come full circle and I'm very proud of that. The love I have for myself is stronger than it has ever been. And this makes the love that I'm getting from those close to me feel stronger than it has ever felt. It's amazing what self love can do for you.
I'm beyond excited to see everyone in the crowd on the day of my show. I don't think you guys truly understand how much much it will mean to me. I will warn you ahead of time, I'm going to be an emotional wreck once I step off of that stage. A good wreck though, not a bad one! I just know that I'm going to be overwhelmed with all the love and support that will be there for me. It's going to be more than I have ever experienced. Not only that, it will be on one of the biggest days of my life.
I'm writing this because I wanted you all to know that YOU are a HUGE piece of what keeps me motivated. When I'm feeling discouraged, tired, or just simply having one of those days when I'm not psyched up about getting my workout or posing practice in, I think about you. I think about the commitment you have made to me and seeing me achieve this goal. I think about who I'm inspiring by not giving up. This is what flips the switch for me. This is what keeps me going. For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Love,
Kelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment