I started this journey just over two months ago at 158 pounds and 18% body fat. I walked into Aaron's office with no idea what I was doing. All I knew was that I've wanted to do this for a long time. I've just never had the balls or funds to make it happen. Recent events have changed the way I approach things in life and I have no intension of waiting for good things to come to me. If I want something, I'm going to go out and get it. End of story. So here I am, chasing the top spot in my first physique competition.
Last week was a huge week for me. We made some changes and set a goal to drop at least 1.5-2 lbs for the next 6 weeks. I weighed in at 147 pounds this past Thursday morning (down 2 pounds) and I couldn't have been happier with myself. We'll be taking my body fat % again on Thursday of next week when I have my next posing practice. I should be right around 11-12%.
Next week I will officially be half way through my preparation, which means things are going to be getting a little more intense. I no longer have two high carb re-feed days. I'm down to just one. Right now I'm at 250g of carbs on that day. As I said before, that number will continue to go up and my low carb days will slowly continue to drop. Right now I'm at two zero carb days each week. Thursday is my re-feed day and I'm at 250g carbs right now. Friday I drop back down to 100g, Saturday and Sunday I'm at 50g, and Monday I'm at 25g. Tuesday and Wednesday are the killers, aka, the big fat ZEROS!!! They haven't been too horrible yet, but I still have 8 weeks to go... (insert scared face here) I just have to keep a level head and remember that the fact that it's extremely hard is the exact reason why I'm doing it.
The diet isn't the only thing that is becoming more intense. We've also ramped up my cardio. And if you know me, you know that I don't normally do much cardio. I started at 20 mins of HIIT 1-2 times a week (this is normal for me). Now I'm at 25 mins of HIIT two times a week plus 55 mins of layered steady state four times a week. The reason I do this while where multiple layers is to sweat as much has I possibly can. This helps to condition my skin for how tight it's going to be come show time!
We're really trying to get a head of the game so I'm show ready about two weeks out. That way I can "relax" a little bit more and feel 120% prepared when I step foot on that stage at the end of May. I want to focus solely on perfecting my posing routine and getting my skin as tight as possible the the last two weeks. I want to walk on to that stage KNOWING that no one has a chance against me. If I continue to put in the work, I can make that happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment