Wednesday, May 17, 2017

And Then She Did What She Thought Was Impossible

We all have reasons why we do the things that we do. We all have our own belief system that leads us to our emotions and actions. Sometimes this belief system leads us in the right direction and sometimes we steer way off course. That's life. We learn from the mistakes we make (hopefully) and we evaluate situations differently the next time around, all in hopes that the out come will get us to where we want to be in life. We just have to trust the process and do our best to live the life we want to live.

I've made my fair share of poor choices in life. 

I've let my emotions take over a lot in the past. It's easy to be blinded by the power of human emotion. Like a lot of other people in this world, I wear my heart on my sleeve, which in turn leaves it extremely vulnerable to the ugliness that can be found around every corner. I'm 100% trusting of everyone I meet until they give me a reason not to be. It may be a bad thing. I'm often told that it is, but that's just the way I roll. I can't help it. There have been multiple people who have lost my trust in very unfortunate ways. I've had my heart broken and I've been taken advantage of. I'm sure you can relate to this. We've all been there. It's a terrible feeling and sometimes it's hard to overcome the hurt that comes along with it, but with every closed door in life (especially the ones that are slammed in our face) another one opens. We just have to find it. The path that leads us to this new door is an important part of the journey. This is the part that we have to remember. Every experience, good or bad, makes a difference. The focus needs to be on what you do next. Not what you could have done up until that point. It's as simple as that.

Where do you want to go now?!?

1 year ago I was in a completely different place than I am today. I was lost. I had just gone through the hardest break yet, and I had no clue what to do with myself. I wanted to crawl in a hole and stay there. I found myself in this big city with minimal true friends and only one family member close by. I struggled through the first few months, then I woke up. I knew I had to make a change. I had to take my life by the horns and turn it into what I wanted it to be. So I started thinking about what I truly wanted. What did I need to do to find my happiness again. The answer was simple. Find myself.

And then she did what she thought was impossible. 

I had lost sight of who I was a while back. I knew this. I just had no clue how to fix it. So I started thinking about what I used to do. What made me feel like I had a purpose? What made me happy? What was it that lit me up inside? The answer is, and always has been fitness and other people. I love people. I love getting to know them. I love hearing their stories. I love helping them reach goals that they never thought they'd be able to reach and I love seeing the look on their faces when they do so! It makes this life worth living for me. The main thing that I lost sight of was that I enjoyed doing the same thing for myself. I get extreme joy and satisfaction from setting goals for myself and hitting them. So that's exactly what I did.

By entering this competition, I essentially started over. I hit the reset button on my life. I needed a fresh start. I needed a new goal to zone in on. I needed to prove to myself that I could do it for ME and only ME. I'm doing it alone and I like it that way. I've pushed myself further than I ever thought I could. I've transformed myself into a hungry beast who KNOWS what she wants and deserves. I'm confident. I'm fearless. I'm driven. I'm unstoppable.

Starting Weight: 158 lbs
Current Weight: 136 lbs (1lb away from goal with 1.5 weeks to go)

Starting Body Fat: 18%
Current Body Fat: 8% (1% away from goal with 1.5 weeks to go)


I have never been more proud of myself than I am today. I needed the tables to turn, so I turned them the F*** over!!!! I'm in control of my life and I love what I'm doing. I found true happiness again. I found the me that I've been searching for and I will continue to be this person because I love her with all of my heart. In just 10 days I will step on that stage in front of my family and closest friends and all of my hard work will come full circle. It will be a roller coaster of emotions that I can't wait to ride :)

Until next time,

Kelsey
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment