She showed me what hard work really looked like. She had over come battles in life that I couldn't even imagine. I looked up to her for her strength. I admired her for her courage. She was a survivor. She had passion and drive that I had never seen before and she was ALWAYS trying to better herself. She saw a greatness in me that I couldn't see in myself. She is the reason I am the person I am today. Her unconditional love and support is what finally made me realize that I have always had the ability to be great. Our journey together brought me to where I am in my life today, and I am forever grateful for that. Things may have changed, but that relationship will always mark the beginning of the new and improved me.
When the rug gets pulled out from under us, its hard to get back up, let alone know which way to go once we do. Life throws curveballs when we least expect them, but they always come for a reason. I can honestly say that I am a firm believer in that now. Everything that has happened in my life up until this point is the reason I'm writing this blog. Everything, and I mean everything, good or bad, has changed me for the better. There have been moments full of, smiles, laughter, and a whole lot of love. There have also been moments full of tears, pain, and loneliness. As difficult as these times in my life have been, they made me one strong mother fucker. And I'm not stopping now. We all have to go through the hard times to truly appreciate the good. Every scar we wear from our past makes us more resilient and eager to conquer any obstacle thrown at us.
Which brings me to the reason behind this blog. I'm on a mission to become the absolute BEST version of myself. Now that I have the passion, confidence, drive, and belief in myself to do so, it's time to make shit happen. For the past 2 years I've wanted to compete in a physique show, but my fear of being on stage in the spot light held me back. Fear and I recently had a conversation and we decided that it won't be running my life anymore. I'm in charge. And I like it! :) It's go time.
No comments:
Post a Comment